Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Swimming pools and the pool police

So, I took my kids swimming today, like most days in the summer. I sometimes have to relent to avoid the endless whining about nneeevvveerrrr going swimming. Being the awesome, kind, loving mother that I am, I gave in and trotted off to the pool with my kids.

Pool policewoman was there. I haven't talked about her before, because I seem to get a tick below my left eye when I think about her. She counted me and my children when we walked through the gate. I've decided that next time we go swimming and she is there, we will proclaim our numbers loudly by shouting them out to her as we walk through...1...2...3.

There is a general misunderstanding that we cannot seem to agree upon because, either I am misunderstood or this policewoman has nothing better to do but sit in the pool and count my children. (There are five of them, it's a no brain er.) She seems to believe that the rule #14 in the pool membership, that states: "10 or more guests constitutes a party" actually means you and your family and any people you bring that total ten is a party. She tried to explain that it could be interpreted like this: "10. Or more guests." Then when I didn't fall for that, she decided that the secretary typed it up wrong 7 years ago and it's strange that no one has caught it yet.

I kept my cool through all this, but when she accused me of breaking the rules that exist solely in her mind, I lost all reason and argued back. I do regret it. I got mad. It happens. I have thought about going over and apologizing for losing my temper and yelling at her, but I really don't want to face her. Maybe when my eye stops twitching.

No comments: