Monday, March 19, 2007

Carpet gremlins and cold medicine

Why is it that all the pieces of paper, lint, strings, etc. always find the edge of the carpet to reside? Is there some carpet gremlin that creeps in at night and moves everything to the edge? I just wanted to do a quick swipe of the floor today. I'm feeling pretty sick. Allergies. Sinus infection. Cold. One of these. So I am doing minimal housekeeping and since dear SunShine sprinkled Frosted Flakes on the floor this morning, I thought I ought to vacuum.

A quick swipe of the floor became an "attach the hose thingy" job instead, since everything had moved to the edges. Wow, this medicine is really working. I can't even think to spell. I wish the medicine would make my nose stop running though. That is what it is supposed to do. Oh well, a groggy mind is a good excuse for just about anything. Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh, the floor. Why am I talking about the floor? Focus! Carpet gremlins. Okay. I think I'll just post this now before I realize what a weird topic I've chosen, in which instance I'll have to come up with something else to post.

No comments: