Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Insurance and aspirin

You know those trucks that say "How's my driving? Call 1-800-999-9999. I think that insurance companies should include a 1-800 comment/complain number.


The clinic where my husband was treated last year billed my insurance agency. My insurance agency payed the bill. 10 months later my insurance company discovered a problem and reversed the payment. So I got a bill from the clinic.


Today I called the insurance company. I found out that the clinic billed my husband as a NEW patient when actually he was an ESTABLISHED patient. Can you imagine the horror? It just gives me chills to think about it. Okay, not.


So I had to call the clinic to tell them "Aaauugh, um, like, can you bill him as an established patient? Cause, you know, golly gee, the insurance company, like, really wants you to."



After I banged my head a bit (hence the aspirin) and finished the phone calls, I started looking for that 800-comment/complain number on the bill. It must be in the fine print.

No comments: