Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Back to shoes

My oldest daughter boobear needed new church shoes this past weekend and I needed to find some way cool shoes to go with my new skirt. I decided to take along the other girls. Little jellybean informed me that she did not have any church shoes that fit either and needed some new ones. So I helped her look for some too. It didn't go too well. Jellybean has a mind of her own and is a distant relative of the 6th dwarf in Snow White, Grumpy. The combination makes me want to scream and pull my hair at the same time. And then go drink something strong. Like a Dr. Pepper.

So after looking at several stores, pulling her through the departments, and trying to ignore the whining, I decided that I was done with her and she would be going home. As soon as we got to the car. And drove there. After I deposited her on the doorstep and went to get in the car, she decided to go onto the front deck and yell at me. "What am I supposed to wear for church, huh mom? I don't have ANY shoes!" And if that wasn't enough, after being ignored, she thought she'd call me. (Imagine an ultra-whiny voice, with a hint of snotty.) "Mom, what am I going to wear, all my shoes are too small and hurt my feet. You said I could get some shoes. Why did you take me home if I can get some shoes?"

So, since I drove to the next store laden with guilt, I found her a pair of shoes and brought them home. (I paid for them first.) Did she like them? Oh, hello! Of course not. So now I have to take back the shoes and find her more. Except, and this is the best part...I found three pairs of church shoes, one pair of brown dress boots, and one pair of black dress boots...all in her closet. They were carefully hidden, but I found them. Isn't she cute?

No comments: