Monday, November 26, 2007

Human racetrack/cushion

Yesterday, being Sunday, we went to church. Sick hubby stayed home and left me to entertain five children for an hour in the chapel. Little Sunshine (3) was not cooperating and I had to half drag him into the church. He wanted to go home and be sick with daddy. So when he sat on my lap and pulled out his cars to play, I was very thankful. I was even okay when he used my arms as racetracks. But when he decided to connect the two racetracks, and "leave them here" meant crossing my fingers and holding my arms at an awkward position, I had a few problems. But when I moved, he got louder. So what is a mom supposed to do? Yes, I sat there, arms aching, while he raced his cars up and down my arms. I even laughed when he decided that my shirt sleeves were garages and put the cars up my sleeves. The things we do to keep kids quiet.

No comments: