Sunday, December 29, 2013

Post-Christmas cleanup

I spent my Saturday by putting away Christmas, cleaning, and rearranging furniture.  Obsession took over as I pushed the piano to its new spot, rummaged my rotating decorations, and organized the wrapping paper in the storage room.  Throughout most of the day, Sunshine sat at the kitchen table, putting together his gigantic Halo mega blocks Christmas present. I admired his dedication and was grateful that his back didn't ache, as mine would have by sitting that long.  As afternoon turned to early evening, I finally sat in my newly decorated living room and turned on my Kindle.  Hubby came home soon after that.  I watched him, waiting for my words of praise.  He stood by the kitchen table and looked at Sunshine.  "Wow.  Someone's been busy today.  Looks great.  That looks like a lot of work.  Good job buddy."  Head down, he moved toward the bedroom and disappeared.  

Oh, I don't think so.

I entered the bedroom to find him logging to his computer.  

"Um, I want you to come back out here and take a look.  I've been working all day and you didn't say anything.  I need a comment from you."

He looked at me, bewildered.  "I did comment.  I said 'Wow, someone's been busy today.  Looks great.'  Then I told Sunshine that his project looked like a lot of work."

"Oh.  I thought you were talking to Sunshine the whole time."    

No comments: